Saturday 9 July 2011

7/7 . . . Imagine no religion.

In the week of the sixth anniversary of the islamic terrorist bombings in London, on 7th July 2005, I feel that it is worth remembering why we should be islamophobic.  Remember the definition of that word.  We should be fearful of islam, not biased against moslems.  However, that lack of bias has limits.  I am biased against anyone who questions my freedom of speech in my country under my system of law, whether moslem or not.

Although the attack on the twin towers on 9/11 was the greatest atrocity of the last decade, it must be remembered that other democracies around the world are also under threat.



Here are the reported words of one of the 'British' moslem terrorists, Mohammed Sidique Khan in 2005:

"I and thousands like me are forsaking everything for what we believe. Our drive and motivation doesn't come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer. Our religion is Islam, obedience to the one true God and following the footsteps of the final prophet messenger. Your democratically-elected governments continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world. And your support of them makes you directly responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters. Until we feel security you will be our targets and until you stop the bombing, gassing, imprisonment and torture of my people we will not stop this fight. We are at war and I am a soldier. Now you too will taste the reality of this situation."

So we should look to religions for our morals?  I think not.  Did he speak for all his moslem brothers and sisters?  I think not.  Did he remember why there was an attack on Afghanistan? (I'm not saying that I agree with it but it was a direct result of the 9/11 event).  I think not.

He had quietly forgotten this while he was being incited to murder by the islamic cowards who send young fanatics to a glorious death from the comfort of their own middle-age.

Khan and those who incited him represent a significant danger to western life and freedom of speech.  When the views of the Taliban start to impact on life in countries half way around the world I almost start to approve of action taken to liberate the oppressed people of Afghanistan.  Sadly though, I am not sure that they want to be liberated or even know that they are oppressed.

Related external links:

7th July 2005 London bombings from Wikipedia
2004 Madrid train bombings from Wikipedia


Related posts this weekend:
7/7 - Imagine no religion - this post
Geert Wilders - Innocent
The bravery of Ayan Hirsi Ali - coming soon

Previous related posts:
Look out! Sharia about!
Adam and Eve featured
Draw Mohammed Day
Discrimination in Afghanistan
Learning from Islamic History 

3 comments:

Mossa TheGreat said...

Alright, I'll just try to come with an argument, aspiring to appeal for understanding, not debate.

I am a muslim (why are you spelling it moslems?), born in Denmark, study physics, and completely sympathies with the atheist arguments.

My problem is, in this age of peace with irregularities, is the fact that the fanatic islamists gets blamed for all bad things that happen.

Alright, soo do you honestly believe that terrorists sprung out only from reading the Quran?

I propose to you, that this is not a religious conflict at all. Far from it. The Middle Easterners has it in their culture to live beside people of different faith. Although, I do not blindly overlook the shift in that tendency recently.

Look, the west is everywhere these days. England was in Afghanistan in 1800th century! Arthur Conan Doyle was a military doctor who wanted to be sent to Afghanistan.

You cannot just blatantly blame people for having a primitive and defensive culture, when you are a part of many countries, that has fueled this ignorance over decades and decades of war, supporting of tyrants, occupation, and more war.

This is not to put blame on anyone... I am just tired of being labeled inertly evil because of a religion, whilst there are many, many other religions out there, that are equally ignorant to science, rational and contain a great deal of fanaticism.

Plasma Engineer said...

Yes Mossa, you make some very good points, and thank you for that. Let me make some others in return.

Yes, British imperialists have made some pretty stupid decisions over the centuries, including in recent decades. But have you ever stopped to think that the British people themselves have never been freed from those imperialists? Do you, for one moment, think that British attrocities come from me (personally) any more than the islamist atrocities come from you?

They don't.

The difference is that at least I get to vote on the subject - however useless that vote may be - and the government that took Britain into Afghanistan recently is no longer in power.

Can you claim the same as a muslim? How much say do you have in the activities of islamism? I'm sure that you would like to but your opinion isn't relevant. On the other hand, your support in the mosque definitely lends credence to the aims of islamism.

Now please don't misunderstand me. I don't wish to discriminate. The evils of islamism are clearly different from the those of the religion of Islam and I am very well aware of that. However, I find the religion of Islam to be even less defensible than that of Christianity. I could discuss it further if you like - and I invite you to join in a debate if you would like to write a guest post for this blog. I welcome different opinions.

Plasma Engineer said...

p.s. as a British citizen I am free to condemn Arthur Conan Doyle as a superstitious twit who believed in psychics and communication with the spirits of the dead. He wrote fiction and even if his stories became famous it means nothing else. I don't have to wish peace and blessings upon him either.

So you are neither inertly nor inately evil, but you definitely support people who ARE!

But your last but one paragraph is exactly wrong. I absolutely CAN blame people for primitive cultures that support islamism. I have a right to free speech. Do you? If so, is that given by Allah or by your Danish government?

I think you know the answer as well as I do.