Monday 30 January 2012

Things Christians say

I came across this video recently and found it both insightful and delightfully presented by a lady who should be a professional actress.  (The only thing I didn't really like is the title.)  The odd thing is that I have heard almost all these arguments used in my presence here in UK too (with the exception of those relating the the US 1st amendment - the separation of church and state).  I can't even think of many that she hasn't included.



Taking this as inspiration, I'm planning to start a series tackling the common things that christians say to atheists and giving an alternative viewpoint.  I haven't quite worked out the best format - but rest assured, I will! I think it might take the form of two separate viewpoints on each topic - the moderate accommodationalist and the outraged!

There's scope for a separate strand too - Things Islamists Say.  Any thoughts?  Check back soon to see what I come up with.

Part 1 - The Fool

4 comments:

Andrew said...

The title is because of an internet meme thing. There are a lot of those "shit people say" videos.
Also, the things they say sound shitty therefore I see nothing wrong with the title.

Plasma Engineer said...

Oh really? Forgive me, but I did know the reason. I still don't really like the terminology. However, I do truly appreciate the comment.

Andrew said...

Meh, I like stating the obvious. I should have said I liked your idea too. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

svfsdsdbsbf said...

The title is because of wholesale jersey an internet meme thing. There are a lot of those basketball Jersey Wholesale "shit people say" videos.