Sunday 7 April 2013

Pat Condell - he has a point!

Pat Condell upsets even some of my non-religious friends.  One of them referred to him as 'foaming at the mouth'.  But I don't think that would be a fair description of his recent work, at least.

His latest video "I'm offended by Islam" seems to me to hit the spot.  I have a few Muslim friends who are nice people, but it has to be said that Muslims will never call other more radical Muslims to order in a very public and obvious way.

I played this to my 15 year-old son, who is not very chatty or humorous with his father at the moment.  I expect it is just his age, and I did have him captive for a short car journey so perhaps it was unfair to subject him to this, but I asked his opinion.  With a little smile he said "Well . . . he has a point . . . "

So listen for yourself.  Tell me how this is not a perfectly reasoned and intelligent view about Islam.  I don't think you can.


I hope my Islamic friends will defend their religion, but I'm almost sure that they can't either.

No comments: